TOTAL OF THE PRIZE MONEY ON THE ENTIRE SERIES
TOTAL OF THE PRIZE MONEY ON EACH GTWS RACE
SHARED BY THE TOP 20 OF THE OVERALL RANKING
BONUS TO BREAK 2H00 (FOR MEN) AND 2H21 (FOR WOMEN) AT THE PIKES PEAK ASCENT
The top 10 men and women from the Golden Trail World Series 2022 overall ranking will receive free race bibs to all the GTWS 2023 races and are invited to participate in the races of the GTWS 2023, under the condition they pre-register/compete on a minimum of 3 races in the GTWS 2023.
Additionally, if they pre-register to a minimum of 3 GTWS 2023 races, the GTS will cover the athletes’ following invitations: FOR ALL THE RACES (If the athlete is not part of the top 10 GTWS 2022 overall ranking):– An athlete who finishes in the top 10 in a GTWS race, or who’s in the Top 10 overall ranking, is invited to another race in the Series. – An athlete who finishes in the top 20 in a GTWS race receives a free race bib for another race in the Series.
Pre-registrations are closed since February 1st, athlete aid has been shared. We can't wait for the season to begin with all the talented athletes who have signed up for our 2023 Golden Trail World Series !
ALL GTWS RACES, including the Grand Final in Golfo Dell'Isola, are open to everyone.
Register directly with each race organiser via a web link that is provided on the details of each GTWS 2023 race.
Races of the GTWS are: Zegama, Mont-Blanc Marathon, Sierre-Zinal, Dolomyths Run, Pikes Peak Ascent and Mammoth 26K.
The final will take place, as 24-km race (+ a prologue), in Italy from the 19th to the 22th of October 2023.
Everyone can participate in the GTWS within the limit of race bibs available and at his/her personal expense.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH ATHLETE TO RESPECT THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF EACH RACE
RANKING POINTS BREAKDOWN FOR EACH GTWS RACES -1st to 60th:
After the 6 races, the Top 30 athletes who have participated in a minimum of 3 races will be supported by the GTWS (Travel, accommodation, food) to participate in the Grand Final “Il Golfo dell Isola Trail Race”. The Top 30 athletes who have not participated in a minimum of 3 races will have a free bib to participate in “Il Golfo dell Isola Trail Race Grand Final” but will not be supported financially.
=> Attention, to be in the final general classification of the GTWS 2023, the Grand Final is mandatory.
- All other athletes with GTWS points who wish to participate in the final are welcome. They will be able to continue to score points to hope to become Golden Trail World Elite Athletes by finishing in the Top 30 of the final general classification.
- In parallel of this final, we will have the individual ranking of the GTNS with Golden Tickets to be won, as well, the team ranking of the GTNS to find out which is the best GTNS in the world!
- If you wish to participate in the competition while you are not selected by the GTNS or the GTWS, you will be part of the scratch classification of the race.
- The final will start with a time trial two days before the final race with 100 points awarded to the winners. The first 30 of the general GTWS classification after the prologue will be placed on the first lines of the start of the big final race which will award 300 points to the winners.
- Runners in the Top 30 of the 2023 Final General Classification will be considered Golden Trail World Elites and will get a free bib for the races of their choice in the GTWS 2024.
- The Top 20 of the GTWS 2023 General Classification will be invited to participate in the races of their choice of the GTWS 2024. They will be supported according to the GTWS support rules.
- During the final in Il Golfo dell Isola, half of the GTWS classic ranking points will be given during the prologue (100 points) & 300 points during the final race. So, 400 points in total for the winners.
In the event of injury and inability to compete before the competition, the runner who would have won his ticket for the GTWS Grand Final will not receive any compensation, he/she will lose the ticket and will not receive travel expenses.
THE TOP 30:
After the 6 races, the Top 30 athletes who have participated in a minimum of 3 races will be supported* by the GTWS (travel, accommodation, food) to participate in the Grand Final “Il Golfo dell'Isola Trail Race”. The Top 30 athletes who have not participated in a minimum of 3 races will have a free bib to participate in “Il Golfo dell Isola Trail Race Grand Final” but will not be supported financially.
*Travel expenses = in the maximum specified sum to Il Golfo Dell'Isola: €600 and €1,500 for runners travelling from overseas. The journey includes accommodation, meals & transfers.
The GTNS Individual Ranking: Open Category
In 2023, the GTNS Grand Final will be the same race as the International Elite’s IL GOLFO DELL’ISOLA TRAIL RACE GTWS FINAL.
THE TOP 3 M&W (or TOP 2 minimum) from EACH GTNS* will be fully** invited to IL GOLFO DELL’ISOLA TRAIL RACE GTWS FINAL in the “GTNS CATEGORY”.
This ranking will take into account only the athletes selected by the GTNS from all over the world.
2 different rankings: 1 for the World Elites, 1 for the National Elites (prize money for both categories).
* IF AN ATHLETE IS IN THE TOP 3 OF A GTNS, BUT ALSO IN THE TOP 30 OF THE GTWS AFTER 6 RACES, THE INVITATION WILL BE FOR THE FOLLOWING ATHLETE OF THE GTNS.
** WITHIN THE SUBSIDIARIES BUDGET’S LIMIT SPECIFIED IN THE RULES (600€ TO TRAVEL TO THE SAME CONTINENT/1500€ TO TRAVEL TO ANOTHER CONTINENT).
GTNS Teams Category
The GTNS Teams will be represented by the Top 3 M&W (OR TOP2 MINIMUM) of each GTNS.
The GTNS Team ranking will be determined using the TIME from the 2 best men and women from each stage during the GTNS FINAL: IL GOLFO DELL'ISOLA TRAIL RACE.
The TOP 3 GTNS Team will get access to prize money.
The final race is open to all.
The GTWS respects parity, we are giving the same prize money to men and women.
For the overall ranking, the GTWS will give prize money to cover the Top 20 M&W as below:
INDIVIDUAL GTNS RANKING M&W:
For the GTNS FINAL, the GTS will give bonuses to the Top 3 M&W as follow:
1st €1,500 + GOLDEN TICKET 2024
2nd €1,250 + GOLDEN TICKET 2024
3rd €1,000 + GOLDEN TICKET 2024
GTNS TEAMS RANKING:
1st GTNS TEAM €3,000
2nd GTNS TEAM €2,400
3rd GTNS TEAM €1,800
€300,000 PRIZE PURSE AT THE GTS 2023 with the addition of the organizers bonuses.
Any competitor expressly waives the right to any images during the GOLDEN TRAIL WORLD SERIES 2021, as he renounces all re-course against the organizer and his authorized partners for the use made of his images.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, you have the right to access and rectify your personal data. Through us, you may receive proposals from other companies or associations. If you do not wish it, you just have to write to us by indicating us your names, first name, complete address.
Il Golfo Dell’Isola Trail Race, the Golden Trail World Series Grand Final in Italy is open to all runners. Places are limited to 800 race bibs.
Manuel Merillas and Daniela Oemus take the win for the first time at Zegama-Aizkorri and take the lead in the GTWS 2023.
After a catastrophic 2022, Bart Przedwojewski is back on the Golden Trail World Series. Better prepared and raring to go on the eve of Zegama, he revealed his goals for the 2023 season.